Maintenance of Traffic Intermediate Training Course (16 Hours)
Florida’s Department of Transportation has mandated training for all persons conducting work zone activities on the state and any federally funded highways. The Jan. 1, 2002 deadline set by FDOT has long passed. Companies allowing untrained workers to conduct work zone activities are not only out of compliance, but could also face huge liability in the event of a work zone crash.
This course is required for all persons with one or more of the following duties:
- Direct responsibility for placement of work zone traffic control devices
- Direct responsibility for field maintenance of work zone traffic control devices
- Inspection of the placement or operational function of work zone traffic control devices
- Drafts or electronically generates work zone traffic control plans
- Persons who have successfully completed this course may train “Flaggers” in their own organization
For Gainesville Intermediate MOT Schedule see Course Calendar.
Discount available for NCFSC members. Please call for pricing and class calendar.
Course requires minimum of 70% passing score on final exam. Participants must be able to read & write in English.
The Florida Association of Safety Councils, Inc. is an FDOT Approved Provider of the Maintenance Of Traffic Intermediate, Intermediate Refresher and the Restricted Activities Courses.